TSS VISA SUBCLASS 482
The TSS Visa is a temporary visa that has been developed for employers who want to nominate an overseas employee (the nominee). It allows skilled workers to stay in Australia and work for their Sponsor Business for a period up to:
- Four years, after the visa is granted, if your occupation is listed on the MLTSSL List (Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skilled List)
- Two years, after the visa is granted, if your occupation is on the STSOL List (Short Term Strategic List)
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS 482) is the replacement visa for the Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (subclass 457), and is fairly similar, but different in some of the requirements.
The TSS visa application involves a Three – Step Process:
- A sponsorship application by the employer to become a standard business sponsor. The sponsorship approval will last 5 years
- A nomination application for a skilled position by the employer. The nomination is generally valid for 12 months from its approval
- A visa application for the proposed employee
An overseas worker may be eligible as a candidate for this visa if you:
- have found employment with an Austaralian employer who is an approved sponsor, or seeks to become one
- have relevant work experience of at least 2 years post qualification and meets the minimum requirements as set out for the specific occupation
- possess required skills and qualification and pass the skills assessment (if required);
- meet the English language, health and good character requirements
To discover whether you qualify for a temporary employer sponsored visa, , please speak to us to get a free assessment of your prospects for one of these visas.
To discover whether you are eligibale for this Visa and FREE assessment of your Visa prospects please contact us email@example.com